Art therapy is essentially the use of artistic methods to help boost your mental health and treat your psychological issues. It takes assistance from techniques of art like painting, drawing, coloring, and such to figure out the mental condition that an individual is affected by. An art therapist can assist you in the determination of issues that affects your perception and behavior using an analysis of the artwork created by you, and then they would give you a treatment plan for it. It is an excellent tool to enhance social skills, encourage self-awareness and esteem and also improve your perception. Here is a list of the best art therapy courses online.
Benefits of Taking an Art Therapy Course Online
Given its versatility, art therapy is great for people of all ages. It works well and is effective, and you can especially give it a shot if verbal therapy does not work for you. It can help open up with emotions that you have been pushing back. It encourages you to notice the emotions and work on them.
- There are institutes and researchers that have recommended art therapy for people suffering from mental health problems like schizophrenia and other such conditions.
- It helps you if you find it difficult to vocalize your feelings or have problems learning.
- It helps you use the creative parts of your brain, so you can manage your stress levels and restores your sense of identity.
- It is a great tool for distracting and calming people and improving their communication skills.
7 Best Art Therapy Courses Online: 2022
Here are some of the best art therapy courses online that can help you deal with your emotions.
1. Therapeutic Art Life Coach Certification
Description: This is an excellent course that can help you heal, lower your stress levels, and manifest your dreams with mandalas, affirmations, vision boards, and more. This is a powerful tool and course that can help you unlock your subconscious mind and allows you to release pain, process emotions, and eventually find clarity and meaning. This course teaches you the psychology behind how and why art is such a powerful tool for improving wellbeing. The therapeutic art life coaching process you will learn will include powerful ancient art designs for meditation and self-exploration, such as mandalas, as well as modern-day artistic approaches for goal setting and manifestation, such as vision boards or dream boards. You will be taught processes that can help unlock the power of your minds.
- Helps understand how art can be used to access the subconscious mind and change patterns
- Helps use artistic techniques to reduce stress and heal emotional pain
- Helps create art without any kind of judgment
- Helps increase happiness and manage emotions in a positive way with art
- Helps increase self-awareness, intuition, and self-expression.
2. ArtWorks! Art Therapy Guide For Personal Development
Description: This is an excellent course that can help you harness your creativity, improve yourself, reduce anxiety, and better relationship. This course uses art exercises, demonstrations, interactive discussions, and such to help you think outside the box. The art exercises taught in this course will help you problem solve, change your perspective, and move towards a place of acceptance and gratitude. The exercises will help put a stop to catastrophizing thoughts and negative self-talk.
- Helps use art to reduce anxiety and become relaxed
- Provides tangible techniques that can help express and transform
- Helps have fun while you discover different methods to solve your problems
- Helps challenge your negative thoughts
- Teaches you to tolerate the uncomfortable feelings
- Helps engage your brain in a way that is creative and uncensored.
3. Healing with the Arts
Description: This course provides all the tools you need to heal, be it physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually, with the use of art projects that includes visual arts, dance, writing, music, spiritual practices, and guided imagery. The course is offered by the University of Florida, which is recognized both nationally and internationally as a leader in academic excellence.
- Offers flexible deadlines that you can reset according to your schedule
- Provides a shareable certificate that you can earn when you complete
- Completely online
- Offers subtitles in over nine languages.
4. Therapeutic Art for Healing, Happiness & Stress Reduction
Description: This course will teach you the use of mandalas, affirmations art, vision boards, and more in order to heal, reduce your stress, and the manifestation of your dreams. The course will teach you how to create powerful ancient art designs to meditate and self-explore. It will help you explore approaches to set your goals and manifest dreams. It will teach you how to use different therapeutic art processes like journaling, meditation, art therapy, and such to reduce stress. It will teach you the psychology behind your mind. It will also teach you how to change your thoughts and beliefs and use affirmations to increase your confidence.
- Helps increase happiness levels, manage emotions positively, and feel confident using art
- Helps use art techniques to reduce stress and anxiety and heal emotional pain
- Helps increase your intuition and practice self-expression via art exercises
- Helps move away from negative patterns, make emotional shifts and transform your life
- Helps explore art processes.
5. Art Therapy Courses, CECAT
In the online certificate course, students are offered ten modules that they generally complete in 6 to 12 months. The online course is a learning segue into comprehensive education and follows up with their intensive session. The courses are highly experiential, academically rigorous, and practice-oriented.
- Involves experiential learning about the therapeutic relationship and group processes
- Provides opportunities to demonstrate how well modules are understood and put into practice what has been learned
- Teaches the theory that includes interventions from an analytical, psycho-dynamic, cognitive behavioral, humanistic, family systems, and contemplative perspective.
6. The MOST Extensive, Accredited Art Therapy
Description: This course will introduce you to nine hundred art therapy exercises that can help you heal yourself and others by using art therapy. You must understand that this course will not be equivalent to a qualification that allows you to perform art therapy or counseling for other people. It is an art therapy course that focuses on the process and not how to create art.
- Teaches you a combination of DBT and art therapy to improve mental and emotional health
- Teaches you how to resolve feelings or find ways to live with them
- Helps you use art to communicate and express yourself
- Teaches you about yourself and how to heal
- Provides lifetime access to this course and several resources.
7. ArtWorks! Art Therapy: Enhance Creativity & Personal Development
Description: This course will introduce you to powerful, simple, and approachable art techniques that can help you reduce anxious and self-destructive behaviors. It talks about innovative art exercises that can help stop negative self-talk. The course will teach you how to solve problems, change perspective and move to a better place of acceptance and gratitude. It will encourage you to think outside the box and use materials in a new way.
- Teaches the origin and science behind art therapy and how to use it to understand and change your life
- Teaches you how to use art to reduce anxiety.
- Helps learn how to tolerate uncomfortable feelings
- Helps increase your gratitude to help you become a more balanced person.
The Bottom Line
Art therapy is undoubtedly an expressive form of therapy that uses art as a way to communicate and allows people to explore and express their emotions and thoughts. The bright side is that people do not have to be creative or artistic to take this up. The process includes the usage of paints, markers, chalk, and such to draw and paint emotions. It is a great rescue for people who find it difficult to express their feelings verbally. The abovementioned are some of the best online art therapy courses you can take up.