Why Should You Need Post-Workout Supplements?
For most gym-goers and athletes, post-workout recovery is critical to their training. Why? Because research has shown that during your training, your body goes through several minor muscle tears and tissue injuries (especially during strength training), and it needs enough nutrients to compensate for the loss and fasten muscle growth.
As your body burns up glucose, and glycogen, often, you might feel dizzy, tired, or too sore for the next workout. The best post-workout supplements in India help you avoid this situation. These supplements replenish your body’s glycogen storage and make the most of your post-workout recovery.
Best Post-Workout Supplements in India
By no means are post-workout supplements a necessity. You can avoid these if you can afford the time to cook and replenish your body with the proper nutrients. But if you live a short life, this article will tell you about some of the best Post-Workout supplements for beginners that will optimize your training results like nothing else!
Follow the list below to know the best post-gym supplements:
1. Optimum Nutrition (ON) Amino Energy BCAA Drink:
This energizing drink has 5 grams of micronized amino acids that absorb quickly and boost your overall energy and muscle repair.
- Has a refreshing fruity flavor which adds to the goodness of the drink.
- Contains 50mg of caffeine per scoop.
- You can take multiple scoops as per energy requirement.
- The supplement backs up with anti-catabolic support.
- It cures dehydration
- Has zero sugar.
- Per serving, you will consume only ten calories.
- Origin country: US
Recommended Dosage: Can be used before or during endurance workout and 30 minutes after weight training.
2. MuscleBlaze L- Glutamine powder for Post Workout Recovery:
This after-workout recovery powder contains 5 g of Glutamine (Unflavoured, Pack of 100 g, 20 Servings). MuscleBlaze is one of the best Post-Workout supplements in India, which has 5 grams of glutamine grains that help repair muscles and accelerate their growth.
- MB L- Glutamine comes unadulterated and is among the best Post-Workout supplements in India. It has micronized L-Glutamine. Your muscles can absorb L-Glutamine readily.
- This supplementary powder also enhances bodily immunity and mends tissue injuries.
- Glutamine helps improve blood flow into the muscles. This compound also results in higher endurance and fast muscle growth.
- L-Glutamine also soothes any muscle soreness from workouts.
- This supplement comes with refreshing fruity taste variations as well.
Recommended Dosage: Can be used after working out.
3. Nutrafirst Natural BCAA:
For Pre/Post & Intra Workout (2:1:1 Ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine & Valine). Nutrafist Natural BCAA is a Gluten-free, non–GMO post-workout powder supplement which both GMP and FSSAI-certified. Contains 400gms, 40 Servings, and Mixed Fruit Flavour.
- This supplement has a perfect ratio of branched-chain amino acids, which will optimize your results if you are into bodybuilding, powerlifting, or CrossFit workouts. This 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine (1.0g), Isoleucine (0.5g), and Valine (0.5g), along with the benefits of Ashwagandha, Kaunch Beej, Mulethi, Amla, Brahmi, and Shatavari will keep you fueled for your next training session.
- This supplement also aids in reducing body fatigue and promotes lean muscle mass.
- This ultimate post-workout supplement also ramps up your testosterone levels.
Recommended Dosage: You can blend one spoonful of this powder into a glass of cold water and consume it 45 minutes after or before a workout.
4. Fast&Up Recover – Essential Amino Acids (20 Effervescent Tablets – Raspberry Flavour):
Fast&Up Recover is one of the best Post-Workout capsules in India in an affordable can of 20 tablets.
- Fash&Up Recover is a Raspberry flavored amino acid supplement that one can use pre-workout and post-workout as it betters muscle health.
- This supplement is India’s first effervescent vegetarian pre/post-workout supplement packed with the power of 20 different amino acids that make up for any kind of energy deficit your body may be going through. So, if you are worried about Post-Workout capsule side effects, you can be assured that there aren’t any.
- Further, this Post-Workout capsule benefits include protein synthesis and prevention of protein breakdown due to the amino acid composition.
Recommended Dosage: You can drop and dissolve on a tablet in a glass of water 30 minutes after working out. You will feel energized and have a boost in your energy moments after you consume the capsules.
5. Healthvit Fitness ZMA Nightime Recovery Support – 90 Capsules:
With Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6 as their unique ingredients, Healthvit Fitness ZMA Nightime Recovery Support is one of the cheapest Post-Workout capsules which focuses on improving your overall recovery.
- This product contains 100 gm of unflavoured capsules (90 in total).
- These three mineral supplements compensate for any nutritional deficiencies. These capsules promote sleep, thus increasing muscle growth rate in the process.
- Zinc helps strengthen your immunity and body protein synthesis, which plays a vital role in muscle growth. Intaking extra zinc will be beneficial for people who do High-Intensity training.
- Magnesium accelerates several bodily processes, such as blood glucose control, protein synthesis, and blood pressure regulation. A good amount of magnesium also supports healthy muscle contraction, normal nerve impulse conduction, and muscle recovery.
- Vitamin B6 boosts your overall energy. Vitamin B6 also helps you store energy from the carbohydrates and proteins you consume.
- You should be wary of not taking these capsules with dairy or any calcium-heavy food. Also, this Post-Workout capsule price will be pretty easy on your pocket.
Recommended Dosage: The recommended dosage is 2 to 3 capsules daily, 30-60 minutes before bed.
6. Bigmuscles Nutrition The Real Crea Powder [33 Servings,100 gm, Pack of 1, Tropical Madness] :
This powder has micronized 3 IN 1 Creatine Complex -Creatine Nitrate, Creatine HCL, Creatine Monohydrate. Bigmuscles Nutrition – The Real Crea Powder can be considered one of the cheap and best Post-Workout supplements in India, whose purpose is to support muscle building, muscle recovery, and increasing strength.
- This supplement contains 100% pure, fine-ground Creatine complex. This complex comprises three vital elements – Creatine Nitrate, Creatine HCL, and Creatine Monohydrate.
- These three elements can successfully alleviate fatigue, accelerate lean muscle growth, and increase endurance.
- This Real Crea Powder optimizes your body’s ability to absorb nutrients as they are micronized.
- This three-in-one combo of creatine performs three ultimate functions.
- Creatine Nitrate gives you the desired muscle pump along with an enhanced recovery rate of the muscles.
- Creatine hydrochloride targets overall strength and improves lean muscle mass.
- Creatine monohydrate, which is micronized, helps accelerate muscle repair.
Recommended Dosage: Dosage instruction suggests mixing 150 ml of water or any other beverage after or during your training session.
How to Consume Post-Workout Supplements?
As the name suggests, almost all post-workout supplements are taken within an hour after your last workout. All post-workout powder supplements are taken with a glass of average temperature. If you are taking protein supplements, consume them by making a delicious protein shake. This will prevent muscle soreness and help them recover quickly.
If you are wondering how to take a post-workout capsule, follow the individual dosage instructions listed above. You can take most post-workout pills after a workout or before bed.
Benefits of Consuming Post-Workout Supplement
There are several uses for powder supplements and other post-workout capsule benefits. Some of the most vital ones that often play a make-and-break role in your desired training outcome are-
- They help replenish carbohydrates: It doesn’t matter whether you are an athlete, a gym rat, or a regular gym goer with short-time goals; if you do not replenish your body’s energy source, your body will soon start becoming weak instead of gaining strength.
Thus, you must feed your body enough glycogen and glucose to compensate for energy and calorie loss during your training. Carbohydrates or glycogen is your body’s primary source of energy and also helps in post-workout recovery. Supplements help in maintaining balance.
- The replenish protein: Intaking protein after a workout helps your body to recover fast and rebuild your muscle strength and mass. Post-workout protein supplements include several branched-chained amino acids such as Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine that stimulate your body to synthesize protein and prevent muscle breakdown.
- They replenish fluid and electrolytes: During a vigorous training session, your body loses most of its fluid content and electrolytes. This constant loss can make one feel dehydrated and tired. Some of the best Post-Workout supplements for beginners are rich in electrolytes such as sodium and others.
Best Time to Consume Post-Workout Supplements
If you are fasting, the ideal time to consume post-workout supplements is an hour after training. Ensure that you take it after your workout session ends. Also, ensure you only go for the best Post-Workout capsules in India.
Best Post-Workout supplements in India: Takeaway
The products listed above are among the best Post-Workout supplements for beginners and pros alike. Including a post-workout supplement in your regular training regimen will improve your muscle-building pace and help alleviate muscle soreness. If you aim for more significant gains with every session, you need the proper nutrients before and after your training. By no means are supplements a necessity if you already can prepare your meals with the proper nutrients. But you must understand that these post-workout supplements contain the right amount of protein, carbs, electrolytes, and other essential nutrients per serving.